I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Earlier this winter, a good friend of mine at work told me about THIS recipe and said it was just "out of this world" good. No, this is not from The Pioneer Woman, but from what I know of her, she would LOVE it. The first time I tried it at home and I absolutely loved it. Very rich flavors and the gnocchi add such a nice bite (literally). I had never bought gnocchi before--but they are similar to a potato dumpling. I purchased them from Dillon's in the dry food aisle that has the italian pasta and sauces. Although I loved it at first bite, my critics weren't so sure. Especially of these "round things" floating around in their soup bowls.





A couple of months later, we had a family reunion at our house and I decided to make two different soups and have sandwiches. I pulled out the Chicken Gnocchi soup recipe and everyone loved it. Even my kids were a bit more enthused.






That brings us to last night. Again...a couple more months down the road. It was a high of 32 degrees on this March day with cold, drizzling rain. And I had gnocchi and chicken on hand. So, here we are...and I can safely give this dish a 5 star rating after the seconds each child and Steve had last night. Does this go to show the more you introduce something to your children, they will soon begin to like it??? Hmmm...





This is from the Copykat recipe site, which is a fun website to visit and check to see if some of your favorite dishes/recipes are listed that you may find in restaurants. This particular recipe is a knock-off from the Olive Garden.

No comments:

Recipes