I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break Special...Sour Cream Noodle Bake

We are back...once again. Obviously, my family has been fed the last few months. They are thriving, and thriving well. And some of their thriving has been on old tried and true PW favorites over the last few months. But now after our Spring break has come to an end, and some of our Spring cleaning has been caught up (the last of the winter decor is finding it's new home), and basketball has ended for this season, and Wednesday evening church is breaking until next year, the KITCHEN is bellowing out to me.


I worked 12 hours one day this past week at the hospital and Steve took vacation to be with the kids. In my head, I had it all planned out. This perfect recipe for the girls to try their hand at making a complete meal for the family since I would not be home from work until way past dinner time. I even THOUGHT AHEAD and had Natalie fry the hamburger and grate the sharp cheddar cheese. So, the hardest parts were done. But, Steve had a different idea for dinner that evening which included eating at Grandpa and Grandma's---and the kiddos didn't seem to mind.


This worked out for me because we got to make Sour Cream Noodle Bake the next day for our lunch break from washing windows. Did you see the picture above? That is what was left of this dish which is so, so, simple to make. It is a "comfort food" at its max. And a great recipe for your children who are learning to cook in the kitchen.


I have to admit, this recipe is not far off from a casserole I have put together in the past. It also has a somewhat "lasagna" flare to it also. But at any rate, it was a hit here in our household and I will be using it again. And I might even start putting a couple of them in the freezer to have on hand.


The only variation we did from PW's original recipe was to use whole wheat egg noodles, our favorite Newman spaghetti sauce with some added seasonings, and turkey pepperoni (because I had extra on hand I needed to use up). This dish would be even better with ground beef so the kids thought. An easy and filling recipe...just add a green and garlic bread and YOU ARE SET! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Cara said...

I made this when PW posted it recently - HUGE hit w/ one in my family! Glad to see you are back...I've been worried about your family eating.

Recipes