I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Blackberries and Cream


I have been wanting to try this recipe for the last few weeks. Just when I almost forgot about the recipe, PW posted about it again, and Dillon's had blackberries on sale for 10 for $10. Guess since all the stars were aligning, I was going to make Blackberries and Cream for this long July 4th weekend!
First of all, the blackberries just on their own were delish. They were huge and sweet with just the right amount of tart to them. I got started right away in the morning and made the cream sauce. My family was coming over in the evening for a fish fry, so this was going to be our fruit of the meal. Does fruit still count as fruit when you cover it in cream sauce?????
Excellent!! The cream sauce drizzled over the berries in our pretty parfait dishes was so yummy. It almost tasted like my homemade ice cream recipe coating each blackberry. I still have some sauce left over in the fridge and am wondering what to do with it? I am pretty sure if I got out a straw, I would have some volunteers to slurp it down. But I would NEVER do that...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Pictures, pictures...

Recipes