I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Friday, May 28, 2010

Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Apricot Sauce

Grilled or NOT grilled is really what this recipe turned out to be. I had big hopes of having the chicken grilled and ready to go by the time Steve got home from work last night. We really needed to eat early with all of the activities we had going on, so I wanted to be prepared. Don't get me wrong...I have used our grill before. But last night when I went out there, there were 2 propane tanks and a wrench and I got scared. So in I went and cooked our chicken breasts on the stove in some olive oil and butter.

Half of us loved the sandwiches and the other half did not. Steve and I were part of the loving half. Sometimes my littles do not get in to the special sauces that really "make" the recipe in our adult taste bud thinking. Such as the apricot sauce---oh wow!! I loved the simplicity and the variation of flavors by using different herbs. I definitely plan to use this sauce again for sandwiches. Maybe not on Kourtney and Landon's...

Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Apricot Sauce are just a great summer sandwich. They turned out just fine with the stovetop cooking, but would have been even better grilled. I wish I had a panini grill for bread, but I don't. So I used those really thin whole grain sandwich thins, added red onion, sliced avocado (the sandwich screamed avocado to me), a handful of spinach, the chicken, and of course the yummy sauce. I think the sandwich packed a pretty great nutritional punch!

No comments:

Recipes