I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas



Steve and I have a huge thing for sweet and savory dishes and because of that, I always am intrigued by recipes which include fruit with your meat. The kids aren't always as intrigued by combining two opposite flavors---but with this recipe, it worked for them too!

If you have never grilled pineapple on the grill before, it is worth it to just do that. It is amazing! Just cut your fresh pineapple into chunks and put them on skewers and grill for a few minutes on each side. Yummo! But for these quesadillas, we went a step further and combined grilled chicken with our fave bbq sauce, monterey jack and sharp cheddar cheeses, and cilantro. The recipe calls for fresh jalapeno which we opted to do without for the kids' sake, but I think that would have added a nice bite to them. I think the key here for the overall flavor of the dish is the CILANTRO!!! Do not go without it! And I almost had to because of the way my cilantro is looking after my trip away...but, that's another story. I used whole wheat tortillas and everyone schnarfed them down in a matter of minutes.

Could it have been that it was 8:00 pm when we were all gathered to eat and they were starving?? Sure! But they still liked the quesadillas...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I made these last week we loved them! I agree grilled pineapple is awesome!! I had an accident with my cilantro too...but it involved a large 4 legged creature hiking his leg on my large beautiful flourshing cilantro plant...I think I'm going to have to replant.

Steph said...

Oh Kayla--that makes me laugh! I know, I will be replanting also.

Hey, it looks like I will be working with you (MAYBE!!) in the next couple of weeks on a Friday nite. I will bring your PW cookbook wedding gift...

Recipes