I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Monday, May 17, 2010

Cinnamon Baked French Toast


I thought it was so funny that one of my friends asked me if I had been feeding my family lately... and I am here to tell you---no, not since a week ago. Ha!
This week was CRAZY and I am sorry to say, I didn't have the chance to make anything new of PW's. That is, until today...
I chose an easy recipe but unfortunately, I have more than 3/4 of a pan of Cinnamon Baked French Toast sitting on top of my oven as I write. It's not that the critics didn't like it, they just didn't love it. I did not try this dish due to the extreme egg-like texture and I even thought I saw a cooked egg throughout the bread. EWWWW!!! But regardless, it provided a nice warm breakfast on this cool May morning before the last full day of school--I can't believe it!
I have made many overnight french toast casseroles and all of them are equally simple. I have never eaten any of them (due to my egg aversion) but I am sure this one was good. Especially the topping made of butter and brown sugar. It baked very nicely and was crispy on top and a bit gooey, soft in the middle. Steve left before it came out of the oven, but I'll try him out on the leftovers and see what he thinks.

No comments:

Recipes