I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Thursday, April 8, 2010

An Herbal Hooray!!!


Yes, this is what all of my excitement is all about. My new venture, my attempt at fresh herbal cooking, and my attempt to be just like The Pioneer Woman. I have been amazed and completely hooked on cooking with fresh herbs since digging in to PW's recipes. And I have waited in anticipation of spring when I could get these potted and begin cooking with my own fresh herbs! Because buying them at the store has been adding up the last few months.
I know it may be a bit early, but I've already taken my scissors out there and cooked with them. I needed some cilantro the other night for my citrus dressing so I just grabbed a sprig and chopped it up. And last night, the herbed whole roasted chicken thing---so fun! I'm loving it and just hope that I can keep them alive and well so I can attempt to bring them in before the first frost next fall. We shall see...
But for now, I am going to have fun with what I've got. I hope to get some parsley yet. And I'm also praying that my sweet basil starts to look a bit more alive. The wind yesterday seems to have done it over. Either that or it is drowning from overwatering from my sweet boy.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow!! Look at you...I am impressed and jealous ;) Did you buy the herbs as plants or seeds? Share the secrets :)

Steph said...

I bought the herbs as plants. I contemplated the whole "grow from seeds" idea, but Steve brought me to my senses! HA! Although, I wouldn't mind doing that sometime just to see. I love to watch things grow!

Recipes