I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Monday, April 19, 2010

Gotta Love the Weekends...

Sometimes, it is just really nice NOT to cook. Our week and weekend has been so busy that I barely had any time in our kitchen. Which was nice for a change, I've gotta admit. On Friday night we took my parents to the Mennonite Relief Sale and ate some really yummy ethnic food including zwiebach, verenika, sausage, bohne beroggi, and pie. As you can see by the pictures, my critics do love their ethnic food. And every once in a while, my mom and I will get adventurous and see how much damage we can do preparing it. But, it's really nice to go to the MCC sale and just eat to our heart's content.
On Saturday we celebrated at a wedding of two very special people and once again had a yummy meal.

I did make this yummy chocolate cake to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday on Sunday. You can find all the details of the chocolate cake here.
I am so excited to make my next recipe but am looking for a real vanilla bean pod. I have had no luck in finding it. Argh!!!

No comments:

Recipes