I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Monday, April 5, 2010

An Easter Bunny Tribute

If you were to have the Easter Bunny over for cake, what kind would you make? None of my kids guessed Carrot Cake when asked this question. Perhaps it is because I have never made a carrot cake before and they have never tasted a Carrot Cake before--I'm not sure. Something about carrots and cake together--they just weren't having it.


I would have to agree with PW that Carrot Cake seems like a very appropriate dessert during the Easter season. We celebrated Kassidy's 10th birthday the other night--although today is her actual birthday--Happy Birthday Kassidy! As I said in the previous post, I made lemon and strawberry cupcakes and decided to make a Carrot Cake as well. Neither Steve or I would ever opt to eat Carrot Cake but it was kind of fun to do something different, and the cake turned out good. For those of you Carrot Cake lovers, you will be impressed. I used a large sheet cake pan and I think I would use a slightly smaller one so the cake would be a little bit thicker. It was moist and had a nice mild spicy flavor. And an added bonus: 2 cups of veggies in the cake batter!

I think my children would rather eat their carrots raw like the Easter bunny though...



No comments:

Recipes