I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spicy Shrimp


Feeling hot and spicy? Then you need to make these! I opted to not do the "fun" way of eating these shrimp as she describes, but the more practical put them on your plate, use your fingers, lift them to your mouth, and eat kind of way. Works better for us--ha!
Spicy Shrimp can be as hot and spicy as you would like them to be. I did use all of the ingredients she listed, but maybe went a little bit lighter on the tobasco sauce to keep it at a level that my kids could handle. I used shrimp that were already cooked also. When doing this, make sure they are not under the broiler for long. I think mine got to be a bit tough. But there's something about those greyish looking shrimp that kind of freak me out. And deveining? Ewww. But one of these days I may grow up and give it a try. We'll see.
The sauce the Spicy Shrimp are swimming in is tangy (lemon), spicy, and peppery. PW uses a crusty french bread to dip into the sauce which we did also. The kids absolutely loved that! No need to butter your bread, just dip. Flavorful and buttery, we had NO crumb left by the time the meal was over. Perhaps it was because Landon could not handle the way the shrimp tasted and ate half of the loaf himself. Just speculating...
A great way to eat shrimp, Spicy Shrimp will surely be made again when I can afford another bag of shrimp. We may be waiting awhile...

No comments:

Recipes