I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Blueberries for Sal



The entire time I was making blueberry pie I kept thinking about the book Blueberries for Sal. I loved that book. Ever since I was a little elementary school kid, I have wanted to get a big basket and pick blueberries and sit on a hill with purple fingers eating more blueberries than I saved from picking...




No doubt, you will have to like blueberries to fully enjoy a blueberry pie. I have never made a blueberry pie before so this was fun. Plus I had a huge container of blueberries I had gotten from Sam's with the intentions of making a pie. So, after many days of putting off making pie dough, I finally found the motivation to do it. In fact, my pie dough turned out much better than it did the first time mainly because I was unafraid to add enough flour to get the dough really, really thin. I have a new found faith in pie dough.




The Blueberry Pie was a big hit here with the critics. About the easiest pie I have ever made--just toss some sugar, couple of Tbsp. of flour, and a pinch of salt all around with the blueberries and pour into your pie crust. Very easy. If my mom were making this pie, she would also add a splash of lemon juice. Not sure why she always does that, but she does.




I am guessing this pie is extra good because of the pats of butter atop the blueberries before you put the top crust on. But just a guess. Easy and yummy. That's what I'm talking about!
.


No comments:

Recipes