I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

To Manwich or not to Manwich...


Gotta admit that we are not huge fans of sloppy joes over here. However, sloppy joes are so easy--especially when you have ground beef on hand. The key to making sloppy joes really good, is what you serve with them. So when I opt for the joe, I generally have some sides that they really love. One of which I will be blogging about soon.


The sloppy joes I generally make are that of the Manwich variety. Now you can call me thrifty--which would absolutely thrill both my husband and I, but unfortunately for both Steve and I, we know the truth. And that is...I am l.a.z.y. today. And did not want to venture out to the food market because I did not want to take a shower, put on makeup, etc, etc. All I wanted to do today was my laundry, clean my house, and have a reasonably healthy dinner ready for supper. The only meat I had thawed was some browned hamburger. Sloppy joes came to mind and I decided I would face the critics straight on and hopefully get at least a couple of happy stars out of the deal. PW's Tasty Kitchen has about 3 pages worth of different sloppy joe recipes that I searched through. I came up with this one.


To my delight, the critics loved them! I guess it has been long enough since our last sloppy joe meal that maybe they actually missed them?


This recipe was a simple, easy way to make sloppy joes. I just simmered them all day in a crockpot. Had some roll dough in the fridge and made some buns. And they were a hit!

No comments:

Recipes