I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Monday, March 8, 2010

An apple a day

We have done a good job of keeping the doctor away. However, I am not sure it's because of eating an apple a day. Especially in the form of apples we have been eating lately...

Apple Dumplings were the form of apples we endured yesterday evening. In fact, they were even eaten for breakfast this morning! This is a really great recipe for kids to make. I cored and peeled the apples and Kassidy wrapped each apple piece with a crescent roll and placed them in the dish. I made the butter/sugar mixture on the stove, and Kassidy poured in the Mountain Dew. YES, Mountain Dew. I do not remember the last time I've bought Mountain Dew!

We had the grandparents over to enjoy the dessert with us and served the Apple Dumplings piping hot out of the oven with ice cream. They were a very good recipe that tastes like they were a pretty big deal to make when they were actually not a very big deal to make. I love that!

I would say that the Apple Dumplings would definitely be best served straight from the oven and do not make the best leftovers. My opinion. You would not have been able to get me to eat them warmed up for breakfast...

No comments:

Recipes