I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Monday, March 29, 2010

The BEST Chicken Salad Ever.

YUM!!!!!!!!!!! And that is about all I can say about this. This recipe for chicken salad is somewhat similar to my "used to be favorite" chicken salad recipe that I loved. Little did I know that I could love another one even more. And Steve agrees fully. He even commented "this sandwich is like what you get at those specialty deli's". We love sandwiches here and eat them frequently especially during the summertime--so I am SO glad to add this to the list!

There was one and only one critic who dismantled his sandwich and left the dinner table only eating a half of an orange and a couple of strawberries. Landon didn't like it at all--and I was surprised by how much the girls liked them.

I used fresh rosemary and cilantro in the dressing which gave it a really fresh taste. I also only used chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken. To all of you who want something somewhat healthy out of PW--- This is it. Toast whole wheat bread, spread with Grey Poupon Mustard, and add fresh spinach and you've got a very yummy, fresh tasting, filling sandwich. I served it with fresh fruit tonight. And even without chips, the kiddos were full.

Well, maybe except for Landon...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds good!! PW has totally inspired me to have a big vegetable garden this year!

Steph said...

Oh my goodness, me too! I can hardly wait to plant herbs!!

Recipes