I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Monday, February 8, 2010

You are Right Kaitlen!

The cake I made in the previous post for the Super Bowl was indeed





After hearing the many raving reviews of this cake, there was no way I could go any longer without trying this cake. And let me tell you, there are about 8 people who are very glad that I did.

Excellent!


Everyone loved it! And I will be making this again, and probably very soon again...

The only variation that I strayed from the recipe was with the strawberries. I could not find any yummy looking strawberries ANYWHERE that were within a reasonable price. Like so many of her yummy recipes, I can not wait to use fresh ingredients that are in season here in a few months. Definitely an awesome summer dessert! Back to the strawberries, I used sweetened, sliced frozen strawberries and it worked super. They are essentially just strawberries and sugar and that's how you are to prepare the fresh strawberries too. So when strawberries are yummy and in season, I will definitely be making Strawberry Shortcake Cake again with the fresh. Know from my experience that the frozen work just as well too.


Just taking a look at Strawberry Shortcake Cake you will notice that the cream cheese buttery filled icing is going to be unbelievable. The cake bakes so nicely and actually came out of my cake pan beautifully! I kept Strawberry Shortcake Cake in my fridge after making it Saturday night for our Super Bowl extravaganza on Sunday evening...

and this is what is left of Strawberry Shortcake Cake--

and that was with restraint on the 4 youngest critics. If you do nothing else this week, make Strawberry Shortcake Cake. You'll love yourself for it, and Valentine's Day is coming up!

No comments:

Recipes