I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Just Eat the Ice Cream!

I should have known. What is up with a pie crust made out of all egg whites, nuts, and sugar? I actually did think it sounded interesting and why not try it? But, I am here to tell you--do not waste your time making the crust in Ice Cream Pie with Easy Caramel Sauce. I know, I know, you're thinking...well, it's just because she doesn't like eggs. Yes, you are partly right. But, there is just absolutely no point to this crust. The caramel sauce aspect of Ice Cream Pie with Easy Caramel Sauce is amazing. Make it for your ice cream! Make it to eat with a spoon when you just need something sweet. But I repeat, there is no need to make Ice Cream Pie with Easy Caramel Sauce. Granted, this is MY opinion. We would have been just as happy eating ice cream and topping it with caramel. But that's just us. So take it for what it's worth.

Still didn't change my love for her though. She is just pretty much amazing and I can hardly wait to try the upcoming recipes. And who knows? YOU may love Ice Cream Pie with Easy Caramel Sauce. I'd like to know if you do...

2 comments:

Jodi said...

What didn't you like about the crust? Just wondering...

Steph said...

It was kind of a gooey, spongey type consistency. Not really a crust at all. I don't know. Kind of stretchy. Hard to describe!! Try it and tell me what you think. Maybe I did something wrong?

Recipes