I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thinking Out of the Box

Any one ever been at the place where your husband refuses to let you spend $$ out of your means. Meaning, that I must have CASH in hand before I go to the grocery store. None of this Discover card stuff so you can earn extra cash back. Why would you want to do that? And none of this writing checks kind of stuff, because you'll be tempted to spend money that is allocated to other bills, necessities, etc. So, it's a CASH only grocery shopping trip. Don't get me wrong. I get it. I totally get it. It's responsible, it's spending with in our means, it's uh, frugile. But, I will argue, I won't get any CASH back by using only CASH. And Steve would argue against that philosophy...


My point to all of this, is that we are down to 1/4 cup of milk, no orange juice, no hamburger, no chicken, and a few eggs. I had buttermilk, eggs, and most baking supplies available. So I decided to get creative and find a recipe that would double as a good snack for the critics and also could be a good breakfast. Since last night was church night, I did not have to worry about supper and today is grocery shopping day! To help me out, of course, I turned to the one and only. And like always, she had just the thing I was looking for. Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins.
These are so easy! And the kiddos really liked them. Cute too, aren't they? The recipe says that you should serve these warm out of the oven, smother them with butter, and dip them in syrup. YUMMO! Now, that is out of the box thinking. I love it!
A quote from my youngest critic was this-- "They don't have a lot of taste". Does that sound like a professional food critic or what? At the young age of 5, I think he is taking his job very seriously. And I'm proud of him for it... (now smother it with butter and dunk it in syrup and then tell me it's tasteless, boy!) Just kidding. I take his criticism very seriously. He wasn't the most impressed with Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins. Although he did eat his fair share.

Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins will definitely be added to my breakfast freezer recipes along with my old standby Cinnamon Chip Muffins as pictured above. Ahhh, at least we have breakfast taken care of for the rest of the week...


Now off to make my grocery list. Because as good as these muffins are, I don't think the critics will appreciate Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Recipes