I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hail the Saints!

I really did not make Cajun Chicken Pasta in honor of the New Orleans Saints Super Bowl win...but I thought it sounded good. Ever since she posted Cajun Chicken Pasta I have been excited to try it.

Of all pictures, I really, really wish I could have been able to get a picture of Kourtney and Landon's plates during this meal. I got called in to work so I was unable to, but it signifies perfectly what those two thought of Cajun Chicken Pasta. Gotta say, as far as "kid-friendly", probably not so much. There are a lot of green peppers and onions! And you don't realize how many there are until your kids pick all of them out and separate them from the noodles and chicken. Seriously, you should have seen their plates--it made me laugh.

Even though a couple of the kiddos rearranged the Cajun Chicken Pasta, it still was a very good dish. I would agree that there were quite a few peppers (a whole green pepper and a whole red pepper), and a half an onion that was pretty overpowering in Cajun Chicken Pasta. But it gave it really good flavor. The definite BEST part of this dish was the sauce made of white wine, chicken broth, and cream. That in itself over seasoned chicken and fettucine would suffice for all of us over here. The cajun spice was a nice twist. Not flavors I generally cook with, so it was great to try something new. If and when I make Cajun Chicken Pasta I will cut back on the peppers and onions and make sure they are cooked long enough to be soft. And besides, I'll need to make it again after buying all the Cajun spice! What else can I do with it? Hmmm...

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Once again, thanks Steph!! I am going to be making this recipe in the next week and it's great to know that I don't need as many peppers and onions!! :)

Recipes