I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pioneer Baby in the House!



I have debated whether or not to post what I actually allowed in my home yesterday afternoon. I am also hoping that my husband and the grandparents to my babies do NOT read this. So I am taking a risk here. But, when you have 4 kids and 3 of them have piano lessons right after school, and you are scheduled to go to work by 6 PM, homework has to be done because there's basketball practice that night, and you have to feed your brood---sometimes you do things you would not ordinarily do. I could blame it on my time management, OR I could simply be teaching my young 7 year old life lessons in the kitchen. I choose to look at this as a life lesson. My onions were so close to being done and my other two girls needed to be picked up from piano. Landon was playing football with the neighbor boy, and I have a good friend who is a neighbor of mine that I trust completely. Do you like my justification here? Marlboro Man’s Favorite Sandwich was on the menu tonight and the first step was getting the onions done. (Notice my black iron skillet? )





Kourtney graciously agreed to continue to stir the onions for me so they would not burn while I picked up the other two girls. THERE! I said it. And she did a mighty fine job, I might add. The onions were grilled to perfection 10 minutes later when I arrived home. Luckily for me, there was an extinguisher sitting close to the black iron skillet, see it?





I managed to grab a bite or two of Marlboro Man’s Favorite Sandwich before I left for work. Steve said he and the critics really liked the sandwich. Especially the toasted buttered roll part of them. I thought the meat was a little tough and dry, but I don't think I put enough juice on them and cooked them on a higher heat than I should have. I also added mozzarella cheese to the sandwich which made it extra yummy. Instead of deli rolls, I made rolls out of my cinnamon roll dough I had made last week and it worked super! So there's another use for that dough. I LOVE the convenience of that dough---have you ever heard that before?





And after all of the hub bub surrounding the onions, Landon said he did not care for the sandwich because of the onions...





Oh well, Marlboro Man’s Favorite Sandwich definitely made the list of different menu items for this family. And it's another great use for minute steak if you have it in abundance like we do!




No comments:

Recipes