I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Monday, May 3, 2010

A Revelation

We had a HUGE garage sale this past weekend. Oh my goodness! It was wonderful to declutter and clean things out, but a lot of work. Definitely it was worth it, but now my house is a disaster and needs a major cleaning overhaul.


In honor of PW, we sold cinnamon rolls for breakfast. You can grab the recipe here if you've never seen it before. But chances are if you read this blog, you have heard of the cinnamon rolls---I make them all the time!


Well, the point of this post is that I/we (the critics also) have determined that we just absolutely love a different cinnamon roll frosting better than PW's maple/coffee concoction. Don't get me wrong, hers has a distinct flavor that is really good. But we all think this one is better. So here you go, here's the recipe. It is from my dear friend Shannon who is as amazing as PW in the kitchen.

On low heat, melt 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar. When melted, add 1/2 cup milk and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add vanilla, pinch of salt, and enough powdered sugar to your desired consistency.

I have strayed from this frosting recipe just because #1 PW's is good, and secondly PW's is so easy. But if you really want rolls that are over the top, try the above recipe. You will not be disappointed. In my opinion, of course.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hey Steph! Thanks for posting the frosting recipe! I have made PW cinnamon rolls and we LOVE them but we are not to fond of her frosting. I will have to try this frosting this weekend...thanks again :)

Recipes