I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Where's the Beef???

Maybe a vegetarian meal two nights in a row was not such a good idea...

Yes, I could have made some type of meat to go along with the Sundried Tomato Risotto , but I decided to give it a try with a nice side of green beans and fruit. Well, let me tell you the conversation I overheard that my youngest two were having prior to going to the basketball game tonight:
Kourtney: "Landon, if you get a dollar and I get a dollar we can share some nachos"
Landon: "Ok, that is going to be my supper 'cause I don't like this stuff"
Me: "But it tastes just like the cheesy rice that you two love, doesn't it?"
Kourtney and Landon: "NO!"
The rest of the critics loved Sundried Tomato Risotto. If you like risotto, I believe you will love this dish. I couldn't believe how creamy it was--and filling. My goodness, as I was making it I kept tasting it to see if it was getting done. By the time it actually was done and I added the parmesan, cream, and fresh basil (when it was REALLY good), I was so full I could not eat any more. THAT was discouraging, because Sundried Tomato Risotto is yummy!
Even with two of the critics getting their dinner fill on green beans and fruit, there was still only one serving of Sundried Tomato Risotto left. Next time, I will make this with a nice green salad. I think that would be even better than the green beans.
And perhaps I will add some type of meat...

No comments:

Recipes