I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Friday, February 12, 2010

P"W" Changs!

It is the week of love and that is just the exact word each and every one of the critics used to describe A Tasty Recipe: Lettuce Wraps, Step-by-Step.

Let me start by saying that I made quite a few modifications to A Tasty Recipe: Lettuce Wraps, Step-by-Step. But I kept the sauce the same. I was proud of myself for not freaking out when I realized I had no red pepper. It was completely used in another recipe I made this week, remember? So, I needed to modify because darn it, I had these on my meal plan--and I never stray from my meal plan. HA! Anyway, you all know better than that.
So without the red pepper, I proceeded. I chopped up about a 1/2 cup each of carrots, cabbage, and mushrooms instead of the red pepper. And I am guaranteeing you THAT would be one of the reasons the critics liked it so much. I'm not so sure we would have had the same love for them had it been red pepper. But YOU do what you like. A Tasty Recipe: Lettuce Wraps, Step-by-Step were so good and really did taste like the lettuce wraps you get a P.F. Chang's, Pei Wei, etc. Those with rice and some oranges shaped up our dinner last night very nicely!
I felt like I spent a fortune on everything I needed to buy for the sauce and then barely used much of any of them. So if you have a hankering to make A Tasty Recipe: Lettuce Wraps, Step-by-Step this week, call me. You can use my sauces! But don't ask me for any red peppers.

No comments:

Recipes