I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love is in the air...

It's Valentine's Day and this is the first time I've had a chance to really sit down and relax this whole weekend. It's been super fun filled with basketball, eating with grandparents, and just running around! We didn't really do anything really special for Valentine's Day today. But sometimes just being together at the end of the day says it all.

Because it is Valentine's Day I thought we really needed something "chocolate" to celebrate. Don't you think? Baked Fudge just sounded too yummy to pass up. So tonight as the critics were finishing homework and showers I quickly baked up the Baked Fudge and whipped some cream to go on top of it. This was really such an easy recipe to whip up. Not many ingredients, but Baked Fudge does bake for about 40 minutes. Think of the inside of a brownie but all gooey! That's exactly what Baked Fudge is all about. And we all loved it. Granted we all love chocolate and I can not even explain how much I love homemade whipped cream. I served the Baked Fudge in parfait dishes which always makes things taste extra special.

We concluded our little Valentine's celebration by telling each other one thing we really loved about each other. It was very sweet to see the smiles on each of their faces listening to the others say why they loved them. And for Steve and I? The classic answer was:

"I love mommy because she cooks for us and I love daddy because he builds us a fire".

Who could say it any better than that?

Now go make yourself some Baked Fudge and light a fire. All will be right with the world.

Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

HopefulLeigh said...

I noticed that recipe the other day and thought it sounded amazing. I will definitely have to make it sometime this week!

Dawn said...

Steph, what a sweet post!! (no pun intended) Glad you guys had a great weekend :)

Steph said...

Yes, make it this week and tell me what you think!! Thanks for visiting this blog!

Dawn, you are funny! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

Recipes