I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pizza, Pizza Daddio!

Tonight I decided to venture out beyond my own critics that I live with and try some new recipes on my parents-in-law. My mother-in-law is a very good cook and loves to cook things that are "different". So, it's always fun trying new things over there. I have never been nervous to cook for either one of my parents-in-law---they are very gracious, but I definitely know if they like something or not. So who better to try these recipes out on? By the way, I gave my mother-in-law a PW cookbook for Christmas too. Have I told you all that I ordered 17 cookbooks from this wonderful woman?

I made Tomato-Basil Pizza, Two Ways: An Experiment. for everyone to try using PW's Pizza Crust recipe that is in the cookbook. If you don't have a cookbook, you really need to get one! The Pizza crust recipe is NOT on the website that I could find anywhere. I have found my new love...and that is the pizza crust recipe. First and foremost, it takes all of 10 minutes to mix up. Secondly, this pizza crust dough can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and frozen for up to 6 months!!! That is just amazing to me. I am going to load up my freezer THIS week with this dough. She describes this crust perfectly. "Crisp on the outside, and chewy in the middle". I think it could use maybe a bit more kosher salt, but all in all, I thought it was great and I am readily going to switch out my old recipe. How many recipes have I said that about now???

One thing I have discovered with Tomato-Basil Pizza, Two Ways: An Experiment. is my new found love for fresh ingredients. The fresh mozzarella is so yummy and I went a step further and topped the tomatoes with fresh basil. Everyone agreed this pizza was great. I did make another pizza loaded with real pizza sauce and hamburger for the kids. But to my surprise, they pretty much liked Tomato-Basil Pizza, Two Ways: An Experiment.. I did not use roma tomatoes like she recommended because I couldn't find them at the grocery store. The roma tomatoes would work very well because they do not have near as much juice as other tomatoes. I think Tomato-Basil Pizza, Two Ways: An Experiment. will be even better in the summer when we can use our own tomatoes from the garden. I can't wait!!




No comments:

Recipes