I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Spicy Orange Garlic Shrimp

The minute Natalie saw the orange juice out while I was making the shrimp and she realized it was out to be part of the shrimp dish--well, let's just say, she was CONCERNED!! I had her peeling the tails off the shrimp as I got everything else ready and her concern grew as the sauce began to boil...

All concerns aside, she loved the shrimp. It's a definite different flavor with the added sweetness of the orange juice. I added a bit more salt because at first it was too sweet for me. I was needing the savory out of this meal. I used a New Orleans rub/seasoning instead of the Old Bay as it calls for, so maybe my seasoning wasn't quite as salty.

Overall, Spicy Orange Garlic Shrimp was a nice change for eating shrimp. And the critics gobbled it down---not even one tiny little shrimp left!

No comments:

Recipes