I am excited to write about all things I am passionate about...and some, well, that I may not be passionate about. But all things are happening in this LIFE. And, I want to document and have accountablity to living life with intention. And so it goes...

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Waffles Without Syrup?!!


I inadvertently forgot that we have NO SYRUP in this house when I took out the waffles for breakfast this morning. I don't know how I could have forgotten. In fact, as embarassing as it was a couple of weeks ago when we had our friends over for these said waffles, we had to ask them to bring the syrup. Who does that? US, apparently. "Hey, would you like to come over for waffles, and uh, can you bring the syrup?" GAH!

How could I have forgotten? Who knows. All I know is I remember eating a white waffle sauce when I was little that was so yummy. I have also made white waffle sauces before, but never have a recipe right on hand. So who and where did I turn? That's right. PW's Tasty Kitchen website where I searched for white waffle sauce and found Gingerbread Waffles with Vanilla Cream Sauce.


Gingerbread Waffles with Vanilla Cream Sauce is so simple and so yummy. My kids just loved it and didn't complain and ask for our traditional syrup even once. I did not make the gingerbread waffles, just the vanilla cream sauce.

So if you find yourself in a bind without any syrup, try Gingerbread Waffles with Vanilla Cream Sauce and see what you think. I'm thinking you may just do away with that traditional syrup when it's all said and done.


No comments:

Recipes